The husband is feeling under the weather and so we decided to stay home today.
I promised Jaeden that we would have movie time with the full works. Hence, the popcorn.
It didn't take long to do this. Less than 10 mins.
Here's how if you wanna try:
Makes 1 one large bowl
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil in a pan just to cover the bottom of the pan and place in the stove
2. When the oil is smoking, toss the corn kernels in (enough to form a layer) and put the lid on. (I like to use a glass lid cos I can see the popcorn pop)
3. Give the pot a good shake to make sure the kernels are covered in oil.
4. Wait a short while and the corn kernels will start to pop.
5. When the kernels are continuously popping, you can take it off the heat. Otherwise the popcorn at the bottom will burn which will leave a bitter flavor.
6. Dish out the popcorn into a bowl and toss with a little salt for flavor. Serve warm to hungry kids.