Hi! I hope you had a good weekend! My husband ended up working for most part of it so I stayed home with the kids and rested while I could. I also missed out on my post for Friday cos life was a little hectic last week. My apologies. I should be back on top of things this week.
This week is all about Hobbies.
And it is quite timely to share with you that I spent much of my weekend doing something that I truly love - Party Planning.
My boys were both born in November and so it tends to be a bit of birthday month. I tend to go overboard a little with birthdays. I love planning parties a wee bit too much. So I try to reign in myself by focusing on a few little details.
I love planning with a theme and this year, I am working on two themes. A spiderman themed party and an army themed party.
Here are 5 things that I have decided to focus on:
1. Cake - There are lots of cakes out there that I could order but I love baking a simple cake for the boys. Decorating it with simple flag toppers and figurines. This year, since the chosen birthday themes kinda work with the castle bundt cake (see the tin pictured above), I have decided to use that.
2. Balloons - In true geronimo-style, I will be making tassels that I hope to reuse as decor in the kids room after the party. I am looking forward to this project.
3. Goodie Bags & Cookie Favours - Ooh I am truly excited about baking the cookie favors. Partly cos I haven't baked cookies in a while. I also have a plan for every little thing that goes in the goodie bag. Can't wait to action them.
4. Party Costume - Have you seen the army t shirts that our soldiers wear? I am hoping to make kiddy ones for my boys. I hope to find some olive green roundneck shirts for my kids and am planning to use freezer paper to stencil in the word army behind. Wish me luck!
5. Photos - We have been fortunate over the past 2 years to find a photographer who takes amazing photos. He does it as a hobby but is really great at capturing moments and angles. This just makes all that planning worthwhile cos we have such lovely photos to look back on and remember.
Well, that's my list. Do you have any inspiration to share for a spiderman themed party or a soldier themed party? Love to hear from you!