Here is a DIY that would be fun for mother's day and great for kids who are just learning to spell. You could use a brand new set of clean alphabet stamps for this but I wanted tried to use supplies that could be found at a supermarket.
I purchased all the items from Fairprice Finest at Bishan.
- freezer bags or clean plastic bags
- rolling pin ( from my baking supplies)
- white rolled fondant
- pre-made cupcakes
- alphabet pasta
1. Place the white fondant between two freezer sheets and roll it till the whole sheet is approximately 3cm thick.
2. Remove the plastic sheet that is on top. Place the cookie cutter over the fondant and press down firmly.
3. Peel the fondant around the circle to make it easier for you to lift it up.
4. Gently remove it from the plastic sheet and place it on the cupcake.
5. Search for the alphabets that you need (I find a toothpick helps to navigate around the alphabets). Coin a funny phrase or say something meaningful. Carefully position them and press down gently with a toothpick.
Finally, a note of caution. Please do note that the alphabet pasta is merely for decoration (as it is uncooked and not at all tasty) and so I would advise that you remove it before eating the cupcake.
And thats's all there is to it.
What do you think?
Would you try this idea for a special occasion?